Nilka Hendricks was a contestant on Season 7 of Hell's Kitchen. She ranked in 7th place.
Nilka was usually quiet and calm, and started as one of the strongest chefs of the season. When angered, she could break down and yell. She had a lot of passion for cooking and confidence in her abilities, but she panicked during her last service, being eliminated before it was over.
Season 7 Edit
During dinner service, Nilka worked tableside. She was responsible for serving Caesar salads. When Fran, Jamie, and Maria were kicked out, she was reintegrated in the kitchen, and was dedicated to the meat station, where she worked with Siobhan. Near the end, both teams were merged as one, and they succeeded to complete the opening night. The red team lost the service, and were asked to nominate two people.
She was not nominated for elimination.
During dinner service, Nilka was on the fish station. She committed numerous mistakes and after she sent raw lobster to the pass, Ramsay eliminated her on-the-spot. A few minutes after leaving the kitchen, she went back and pleaded to be given a second chance. Despite Ramsay asking her once again to leave, she refused to do so and even tried to get back on the fish station. That eventually led to Benjamin being forced to usher her out of the kitchen. After packing her bags, she got out by the front door where Ramsay was waiting to tell her how good of a job she has done, urging her to not give up on her dream, and to leave with her head held high, before saying goodbye to her, taking her jacket, and sending her home via taxi. Nilka received the coat hanging and burning picture sequence at the end of the episode.
Ramsay's comment: "Tonight was the best service we've had in Hell's Kitchen, and that's why I rewarded the final six. Now, only the best chefs remain. Nilka was clearly out of her depth."
- She is the last contestant of that season to be eliminated before the black jackets were given.
- She is the fifth contestant to be eliminated during dinner service, following Josh from Season 3, J, Lacey, both from Season 5, and Louie from Season 6. She is also the first contestant from the red team to be so.
- She is the first contestant ever who begged Ramsay to be kept in the competition after her elimination was officially announced.
- Along with Salvatore, she is the sixth contestant to receive a "Best of the Worst" nomination without making it to the black jackets, following Chris (Season 1), Melissa (Season 3), Louross (Season 4), LA (Season 5), and Sabrina (Season 6).
- "NO CHEF!! DON'T SAY THAT PLEASE!!!!"
- (To Fran) "You're so stupid..."