Michael Gabriel was a contestant on Season 12 of Hell's Kitchen. He ranked in 7th place.
Gabriel was the most inconsistent performer of that season. While he survived multiple eliminations, it eventually got to the point where he made the same mistake more than once during his last service, leading to him getting kicked off the show in the worst way possible.
Season 12 Edit
During dinner service, Gabriel was on the fish station with DeMarco. On the first attempt on appetizers at first he thought he cooked his scallops perfectly, but only for Ramsay to inform him that they were cooked only on one side. Later DeMarco needed some more time on his lobster tail, but he did not listen to him and put it up to the pass only for it to come back. Both teams were named joint-losers and were asked to nominate two for elimination. He was not nominated.
During dinner service, Gabriel was on the fish station. He gave a poor performance, beginning by overcooking salmon, and doing it once again. After his second mistake, Ramsay pulled him and Scott, who was also struggling on the fish station in the red kitchen, to the back store. He gave both of them a wake up call, and when they returned, both of them successfully completed the OXFAM's table, with Minnie Driver as the spokesperson. On his third failed attempt at the salmon, which was undercooked, Ramsay lost it and eliminated him on-the-spot. Unlike the previous mid-service ejected contestants, he was told to get out by the front door, and all the customers looked at him, embarrassing him. Before leaving, Jean-Philippe shook his hand goodbye and took his jacket. Gabriel did not receive the coat hanging and burning picture sequence.
Ramsay's comment: "With Gabriel causing such a disaster in the kitchen tonight, it was hard to tell who else I should send home. So, I gave everybody the thrill of getting a black jacket. But somebody will definitely be going home after the next dinner service."
- He is the sixth contestant to be eliminated during service after Josh (Season 3), J, Lacey (both from Season 5), Louie (Season 6) and Nilka (Season 7). He is also the first of those contestants who left by the front door instead of going back to the dorms and pack their bags before leaving.
- He is the last contestant of that season to be eliminated before the black jackets were given.
- "Fuck me, man!"
- "Mike's fucking lazy! We're moving tables and you're on the vacuum. If you can't be a team player, then why are you here?"
- "It's not my fault, I can fucking count... you know... one two three four five six seven eight nine ten, you know what I'm sayin'?"
- "Instead of getting a black jacket, they took my blue jacket."