Matt Hearn was a contestant on Season 16 of Hell's Kitchen. He ranked in 9th place.
Matt was the main antagonist of that season. He was arrogant, hostile, and talked back to everyone, including Ramsay. He was also in denial about his bad performances, not taking responsibility for his mistakes by blaming everybody else, and always complaining about the disrespect towards him, when he was the one disrespecting the most.
Season 16 Edit
- He is the sixth contestant to have a military background before coming to Hell's Kitchen, following Bobby (Season 4), Joseph (Season 6), Guy (Season 10), Randy (Season 14), and Frank (Season 15).
- He is the eighth male contestant who switched teams without making it to the black jackets.
- He participated in the second elimination where two chefs were eliminated instead of one, along with Shaina. The first one happened on Season 11, with Amanda and Barret.
- He did not come back for the last dinner service of the season as supposed to, so Koop took his place.
- "I kept telling him no, you can look at the cameras in here."
- "I don't care if they're mad, they can be mad! Fucking take your tampon out!"
- "He compared my food to a diner, and let me tell you what.. that shit was disrespectful."
- "I work in five-star restaurants. I'm gonna switch it up and do something creative and new, and it's a way to revolutionize the slider. No one else is gonna do that, they don't have enough balls, but I do."
- "What the fuck did they know? That's why they're running burger joints."
- "Okay, put me up... PUT ME UP, I don't give a fuck."
- "I'm a hard-worker, I got good verbal skills, good communication, I do everything I can for the team."
- "You know, it's hard for me to work with incompetency."
- (after being eliminated) "Chef Ramsay is a dick. Like I had one bad night service, and everything else I do flawlessly, and then I go home while everybody else fucks up every fucking night? The whole time I've been here as been nothing but disrespect. If I was on the street right now, and he came up to me with that same shit, I'll fuck him up, point blank."