Matt Hearn was a contestant on Season 16 of Hell's Kitchen. He ranked in 9th place.
Matt was the main antagonist of that season. He was arrogant, hostile, and talked back to everyone, including Ramsay. He was also in denial about his bad performances, not taking responsibility for his mistakes by blaming everybody else, and always complaining about the disrespect towards him, when he was the one disrespecting the most.
Season 16 Edit
During the Signature Dish Challenge, Matt was the fifth person of the blue team to have his dish judged by Ramsay, and went up against Aziza. He presented a dove breast bolognaise, and only scored 1 point out of 5. The blue team eventually lost the challenge 25-27, and they were punished by arranging the dining room and prep both kitchens for the opening night. During the punishment, his teammates and Marino made fun of his dish, while he declared he was aware that it was a risk while cooking it.
Matt was the red team's first nominee for elimination, with Kimberly being the second, and they joined Shaina and Wendy from the blue team. After Shaina's elimination, Ramsay also eliminated him for his arrogance, not taking responsibility and blaming everybody else for his mistakes. During his exit interview, he called Ramsay a dick, even making threats to him, and said that he was disrespected by everybody. He received the coat hanging and burning picture sequence immediately after Shaina.
Ramsay's comment: "Both kitchens performed horrendously tonight. I'm hoping that by eliminating Matt and Shaina, both teams will finally have a chance at success."
- He is the sixth contestant to have a military background before coming to Hell's Kitchen, following Bobby (Season 4), Joseph (Season 6), Guy (Season 10), Randy (Season 14), and Frank (Season 15).
- He is the seventeenth contestant, and eighth male contestant, who switched teams without making it to the black jackets.
- He participated in the second elimination process where two chefs were eliminated instead of one, along with Shaina. The first one happened on Season 11, when Amanda and Barret were eliminated on the same night.
- He did not come back for the last dinner service of the season as supposed to, so Koop took his place.
- "I kept telling him no, you can look at the cameras in here."
- "I don't care if they're mad, they can be mad! Fucking take your tampon out!"
- "He compared my food to a diner, and let me tell you what.. that shit was disrespectful."
- "I work in five-star restaurants. I'm gonna switch it up and do something creative and new, and it's a way to revolutionize the slider. No one else is gonna do that, they don't have enough balls, but I do."
- Ramsay: "Is this a slider?" Matt: "To me it is chef, to you it's not."
- "What the fuck did they know? That's why they're running burger joints."
- "Okay, put me up... PUT ME UP, I don't give a fuck."
- "I'm a hard-worker, I got good verbal skills, good communication, I do everything I can for the team."
- "You know, it's hard for me to work with incompetency."
- (after being eliminated) "Chef Ramsay is a dick. Like I had one bad night service, and everything else I do flawlessly, and then I go home while everybody else fucks up every fucking night? The whole time I've been here as been nothing but disrespect. If I was on the street right now, and he came up to me with that same shit, I'll fuck him up, point blank."