Joy Parham-Thomas was a contestant on Season 12 of Hell's Kitchen. She ranked in 5th place.
Despite a rocky start, Joy quickly became the most consistant and strongest member of the red team, and earned a black jacket during an individual challenge. However, the success went to her head, manipulating nominations to protect her friend Kashia.
Season 12 Edit
- She is the first contestant ever to receive a black jacket during a challenge.
- She is the second black jacket contestant to withdraw, following Robert from Season 5.
- She is the third contestant to quit during service, following Jeff (Season 1) and Andrew (Season 7), the first as a black jacket to do so, and the first woman to do so.
- She is responsible for one of two of the most shocking black jacket exits ever, the other being Josh from Season 3.
- She did not come back for the last dinner service of the season as supposed to, so Bev took her place, making her the fourth black jacket contestant who did, following Robert (Season 5), Tennille (Season 6), and Ed (Season 7).
- (Mimicking Simone) "I think it's a great opportunity, Chef."
- "I'm done! Leave me alone, leave me alone... I'm done with this shit!"