After failing to show what he was made of on season 9, Jason returned for season 12 and proved to Ramsay that he was a strong cook. He was passionate and was one of the strongest chefs in the blue team. However, he could also be a little bit rude at times, as he had a short lived feud with antagonists Mike and Sandra.
Season 9 Edit
During prep, Jason was complaining both of his arms were really weak and his breathing would not stabilize. He was sent to the hospital three hours before service. Three hours later, Ramsay told that Jason was put on some days of bed rest and will not be returning to Hell's Kitchen. Ramsay gave no comment on Jason's departure, and he did not receive the coat hanging and burning picture sequence.
Season 12 Edit
- He is the fifth contestant to withdraw from the competition for health reasons, following Larry (Season 2), Aaron (Season 3), Robert (Season 5), and Antonia (Season 8).
- He is responsible for the fastest exit in the history of the show, with his departure being announced before the first dinner service.
- He is the second contestant to compete in two different seasons, after Robert competed in Season 5 and Season 6.
- He is the only contestant to date, apart from season 17 contestants, to perform the Signature Dish Challenge twice.
- He participated in the fourth all-male finals of Hell's Kitchen.
- He is the twelfth runner-up, and eighth male runner-up of Hell's Kitchen.
- He is the only contestant to this date who participated in two different seasons and made it to the finals on his second appearance.
- He is the first contestant who made it farther in the competition on his second appearance.