Before he became a chef, Jared was a professional poker player and locksmith. He was most known for his friendly rivalry with Ashley, and his caring for his teammates. On season 17, he was still helpful whenever someone needed it, and kept his friendship with Ashley very strong. He also developed a friendship with Benjamin.
Season 15 Edit
Season 17 Edit
- He is the second contestant to be the only male of the season who made it to the black jackets, following Jon from Season 11.
- He is the second contestant who faked an injury during service, following Gia from Season 16, and the first male contestant who did.
- "Some chefs choose booze. Some chefs choose drugs as their vice. I guess I choose women."
- (To Ashley) "I genuinely thought Kristin would enjoy football more than you would."
- "With oysters, you gotta be gentle. You gotta caress them like a beautiful woman. Aw, yeah. Just like that. There's no foreplay with this, you just slide it in there. Come on, baby. Flip it over so that you get that beautiful plumpness on the other side...my girlfriend's gonna be so mad."
- "You know how I feel about ties, it's like kissing your sister. You don't win, you don't lose, it's just fucking awkward."
- "I'm a little worried about Milly and Jennifer, because nothing from Morocco screams, "Hey, put me on a fucking pizza"."
- ”Josh is like a little kid that drank too much coffee. He’s just bouncingbouncingbouncing, he's making a mess, he doesn't know what the fuck is going on.”
- "I'm just getting pummeled like a fucking nerd in elementary school."