James Lukanik was the Maître d'hôtel of Hell's Kitchen, on seasons 8-10.
As the Maître d'hôtel, James serves as the front of the house of Hell's Kitchen and would be the person handing out tickets to Ramsay more than often. He is similar to Jean-Philippe as they were both strict but fair to the contestants, and got exasperated with their constant mistakes.
Main highlights per season Edit
- On episode 1, James made his debut and revealed himself to the new chefs when they arrived at Hell's Kitchen. He took the chefs over to see LA Market and was seen during the blue team's reward.
- On episode 2, James found out that Vinny told a table not to order sides and brought him over to Ramsay.
- On episode 4, he informed Ramsay about a table that was going to have a proposal and kept tabs on it for the remainder of the night.
- On episode 5, he supervised the blue team's punishment and annoyingly warned Rob not to get any creases on the lines when the latter jokingly pretended to use one as his prom dress. Later on, he sternly warned Russell to show some respect to the prom committee when the latter was giving them attitude.
- On episode 10, he met the blue team at Sur La Table and gave them their cash for their shopping spree reward. During dinner service, he kept tabs on Josiah Citrin, even going into the blue kitchen to remind Vinny that they ate at Citrin's Melisse restaurant the day before when the latter was struggling.
- On episode 12, he was seen supervising the remaining chefs during their punishment.
- He was the maître d' who lasted the least amount of time in Hell's Kitchen, with three seasons.