Andi Van Willigan was the Sous Chef for the Red Team, from season 7 on, except seasons 15 and 17.
As Ramsay's Sous Chef, Andi acts as Ramsay's right-hand man in the services. She holds the same standards as Ramsay and will often get irritated by contestants' constant mistakes. While she is more subdued than Sous Chef Scott, she has her own limits and when pushed, she will lash out on any disrespecting chef. However, she does have caring side towards her team. She offers advice whenever it is needed, and understands that the pressure of being a chef can be a toll on their personal life, such as in Season 12, where she explained to the red team that she had to work a lot in her 20's to get where she is now, and did not have time for relationships.
Main highlights per season Edit
- On Episode 4, she consoled Maria after she broke down in tears over the red team's slow prep, and told her to stop showing so much emotion and that it would hurt her.
- On Episode 1, she noticed that Antonia was missing one hour before service and asked Emily to go and find her.
- On episode 13, she threw Tiffany out of the kitchen for talking back over undercooked potatoes.
- On episode 11, during the red team punishment, she revealed that she was not yet married because she had to work her ass off in her 20s to get where she is now, which concerned Rochelle.
- On episode 14, after Anton overcooked his Wellingtons, she got into a heated argument with him, when he could not stop giving her attitude and excuses. At one point, she lost her temper and yelled at him, two inches away from his face, and asked him to shut up, stop talking back, and just say "Yes Chef".
- On episode 18, she talked with Joy, who has just walked out and packing her bags, in the dorms. She tried to make some sense and tell her to not give up, but Joy, believing it was too late, decided to withdraw from the competition.
- On episode 3, she ordered Kalen to stop opening the convection oven after the latter kept opening and closing it a lot.
- On episode 7, Sterling asked her a lot of questions regarding her personal life, but she told him that he was asking too many questions.
- On episode 9, she told Frank that he owed her a salmon after the latter served an overcooked portion.
- On episode 10, she told Sterling to help Jennifer out as the latter was getting overwhelmed on the flatbread pizza orders.
- On episode 13, Andi supervised the black jackets punishment, asked how many black jackets were needed to carry beef shoulders, and pulled Bryant back to the blue kitchen and reminded him that it was not the time for prep. For the first time ever, she and Sous Chef James competed against the black jackets and cooked in the red kitchen. She was fast and efficient in sending their appetizers out, and she said that it was fun showing the chefs how it was really done. The Sous Chefs won the service a mile over the black jackets.
- On episode 7, Andi made a cameo when her wedding reception was hosted at Hell's Kitchen. She came under her bride's name, Andi Van Willigan-Cutspec.
- She is the red team's Sous Chef who lasted for the longest time on Hell's Kitchen, with 9 seasons.
- She is the second staff member of Hell's Kitchen to leave a season and come back following Jean-Philippe.
- She was not a Sous Chef on Season 15 as she had gotten married around the time of filming. She was also not a Sous Chef on Season 17, as she was pregnant during filming. She now has a son.
- She is the first Sous Chef to have their own confessional.